Pages

Monday 21 July 2008

A change is as good as a holiday...

I've been copping a bit of flack about the minimalistic approach to my blog at the moment, so I thought I'd better right that quick smart!

Firstly, I'd like to explain that I have been awol for a reason. I've just started working for a design company, and have put my business on hold for the moment while I adjust to my new position and evaluate my lifestyle. Yes, it's the midlife crisis thing again! Although I think I've made the right decision and am really happy with the work I've been thrown to date. It seems much simpler (in a way) to work for someone else, and just do what I love doing... designing. I work from Wed-Fri and that's it. No weekends, no all-nighters trying to meet that looming deadline. Although there are still strict timeframes, it's nowhere near as stressful for me, which I am loving. Plus, I can spend quality time with my family after hours without feeling guilty for not working and building my business. All in all, I'm a happy camper for the moment.

On the scrapping front, I've been checking out all those fabulous CHA previews and some of them are absolutely gorgeous... now how's a girl supposed to save money when they keep releasing all this fabo new stuff!!

I'm still designing over at Scrap-Pile and am loving it. They're actually on the look-out for another DT member to fill Melanie's spot when she leaves next month. Melanie, we'll miss you heaps. You are such a beautiful person with loads of creative spark and I'm sure you will achieve all you set out to and much, much more.

No comments: