Pages

Sunday 14 June 2009

Stamping, painting, blending and colouring....

I haven't had much time to do anything else lately, however today I finally got a chance to put together a few little cards using the stamped images from the swap over at Scrap Pile.

I've used my copics for some and twinkling H20s for others. Comparing the two, I think I'm leaning towards the twinkling H20s at the moment, because I love the soft water colour effect, and the dazzling sparkle is like nothing else! Although I've found that certain images lend themselves to copics, while others are better with a softer look.

I'd love to hear your comments on what you like to colour your stamped images with.

Here are the two I coloured with twinkling H20s...

I just adore this cute little stamp that Sally sent in the swap. I think it may be Penny Black? A pleasure to colour, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out too!


Another one of Sally's cute little swap images. Who could resist this big cuddly bear!

And here are the ones I've used my copics with...

PS Thanks Tammy for the lovely stamped image of Tilda. I know it's been a long time coming, but here she is!!!


I love the rich gorgeous colours of the copics, and the ability to blend the colours seemlessly. A much bolder effect though than the soft pastel colours of the twinkling H20s.


and this cute little critter from the swap as well (I think it was KarenB's???).
I picked up this gorgeous Hero Arts background stamp at the convention last week :) Loving it :)

Thanks everyone for sending these gorgeous images for the swap. I have a heap more coloured, just need some time to make them into cards now!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Wow Sis, you have been busy colouring hey!!!! Love the H2O's too.I can't wait to play with the ones you got me now.Not long to wait.Even though, I haven't tried the copics or H20's, i am still loving my watercolours using the waterbrush.I am finding I am getting better and better with the detail, the more I do it.Looking forward to sitting and colouring with you.

jaki said...

ooh! I haven't tried either but I love the softer effect of the twinkling H2Os.

Good to see some of your creations Leah, sounds like life is busy for you atm!

Sally Pasop said...

WOW! These are just gorgeous Leah. You are becoming quite the professional.
I only have the watercolor pencils which I'm still getting used to. I love what you've done with the hedgehog and the bear. They are just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

These are all gorgeous Leah but I really adore the little snail & hedgehog one. You did a fantastic job colouring it :)