Pages

Saturday 1 August 2009

A few cards and a roast!

I've been having some fun playing with my new stamps and nesties. I've been trying out the gorgeous twinkling H2Os and distress inks... obviously still need lots of practice, but I'm loving playing :)

I made these 3 cards for Kylie's birthday card challenge over at ScrapBoutique.

This first one I used the gorgeous new Kaiser Pennyroyal papers. They are so rich and regal! I've added a couple of prima roses inked with pink distress ink. They look gorgeous in real life.


I tried out this cool technique with the cuttlebug and nesties, where you leave parts of the image outside of the nestability frame. I got the idea from Katarina. I really do love the effect, although it is quite a bit of work to cut it out neatly, and takes some time and patience!


I'm really loving the colours that I used on this image. I used a combination of twinkling H2Os and watercolour pencils for the shading. Karen gave me these gorgeous basic grey 6x6 papers, and the colours worked really well with the image. I also used distress inks, inkadinkadoo stamps and a fiskars lace border punch.


And finally, this is the Thursday (aka Sunday) Roast over at ScrapBoutique. I had such a great time following Manon's instructions, and I really love how it's turned out! I also made a flower (top right) using Liz's flower technique!

4 comments:

jaki said...

omgoodness, you have been busy Leah!
Love all your images on the cards, will have to come over and check out your stamps one day soon ;)

Simonne said...

Oh Leah, love the cards and the layout is fantastic. Made me laugh looking at the photos. Love the flower you created in the top corner. Stunning.

Manon Keir said...

Thank you so much for joining in!! Love the LO's and OMG those cards are amazing!!!!!

KarenB said...

These are so gorgeous Leah. Love them all, especially the LO for Manon's roast. Stunning colours!!