Pages

Friday 21 January 2011

A little sew-a-thon

After I made Erin's dress last week, I wondered how hard it would be to whip a smaller version up for Erin's Baby doll? I cut a few corners by not using bias binding for the armholes, and just sewed a small hem and was surprised at how quick it all came together.

The pillowcase is another from a thrift shop and came complete with the lace border and embroidery. I just had to re-hem it. I had a bit of leftover fabric, so created this cute little headband to match.


Last year a dear friend asked me to make a car roll for her eldest son, as I'd made her youngest one for his Birthday. I modelled it on one I'd bought at Handmade Heaven a few years ago for Aiden. I found a little iron-on letter motif to dress it up a bit. Hope you like it PJ!



And while I was at the sewing desk, I made one for Erin's Polly Pocket cars, using some gorgeous girly fabric I purchased from Bubbamia Fabrics yonks ago. Was so good to get these little projects finished, as they've been sitting on my desk for about 3 months. 



Thanks for visiting. xx

1 comment:

Heather Jacob said...

very clever and innovative ... great colours too ...the little dolly looks so cute and your children look absolutely adorable.. hugs x