Pages

Friday 7 January 2011

Bring it on!

I hope you've had a super start to 2011!  I'm positive this year is going to be 100% on the last. Almost everyone I know says they're happy to see the end of 2010! I say, ditto! Good riddens and bring on 2011!

I've vowed this year to make less impact on the environment, aiming to reduce our household waste and reuse as much as we can. It only makes sense that my scrapping goal this year is to use something recycled on my layouts, whether it be fabric offcuts, packaging or something that would normally be thrown in the garbage.

I'm also going to use as much of my old stash as I can before buying new stuff, as tempting as it is.  I think that's going to be the hardest part for me :)

To start the year off on the right foot, I'd like to thank White with 1 and their January challenge.

Here's my take on "white + navy/royal blue + a banner".
I used some old demin offcuts to make the banner and dug a heap of old blue stuff out of my stash. I even managed to use the negative from the threading water punch. Can you pick it?


May your year be full of blessings - here's to 2011!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Weeelllllllllll ain't it good to see something scrappy girlie!!! And it is darn good I must say!!!!
Love the banner with Bonds on it

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, this is cuter than cute, thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

Hi Leah, Such an adorable LO... love your denim banner and the touch of paint!! Thanks so much for joining in at WW1 :)

Heather Jacob said...

wow Leah,
love this page and that pic is sesational he is sooooooo cute... hugs x